Welcome to the ultimate resource for Godaddy promo codes and coupons in 2014. We have the most comprehensive and most frequently updated list of offer codes on the web, enjoy the savings.
domainbigbaby – $9.49 .com domains
Gethostoff – 20% off WordPress hosting plans
thebauceorg – $8.99 for .org domains
That’s our list of codes, be sure to bookmark us and always check back for discounts before checking out with your Godaddy order. It’s a simple step that will save you boatloads of cash in the long run.
A GoDaddy Review
There’s an understanding in the world of business that the company who yells the loudest is the company that get heard the most. Any company that’s able to advertise their services in a big, ubiquitous way is almost always able to gain some sort of traction in their market. If that company shouts louder than anyone else then they have a good chance of becoming one of the market’s top competitors. And if that company shouts before anyone else, or if it shouts in a market where no one else is really shouting, then they stand a good chance of rising straight to the top and becoming the de-facto brand associated with their product.
It’s easy to see how GoDaddy fits this bill. There isn’t a single other web hosting company around that makes as much noise or toots its own horn nearly as explosively or as often as GoDaddy. Can you name any other hosting company that runs advertisements constantly and has purchased high-profile spots during the SuperBowl? Can you name any other hosting company with celebrity (however loosely defined) endorsements? Heck, here’s a better question- can you actually name any other hosting company out there?
Through its persistent marketing GoDaddy has made itself a common household name despite belonging to a market generally associated with geeky demographics. And in yelling loud and long enough GoDaddy has made webhosting available and accessible to the masses. Sure, web hosting has ALWAYS been inexpensive and democratic in nature and it has always been available to the average person, but GoDaddy’s ham-fisted advertising efforts has made web hosting finally seem like anyone can take advantage of it.
But does GoDaddy’s wild success reflect a lateral focus on providing a quality product? Or has GoDaddy succeeded simply due to its ability to toss out the right marketing message at the right time?
What Products and Services Does GoDaddy Offer?
GoDaddy is best known for offering hosting services, though a broader look reveals the company is much more of a full service company than a specialist. Even within their flagship category of web hosting GoDaddy offers a variety of options to choose from depending on your price point and your needs. Let’s make a quick breakdown of the products and services you can expect to be able to purchase from GoDaddy:
- Web Hosting: Available in one month, one year, two years and three years increments. Provides a Linux OS with 150GB storage, compatible with WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and more, offers unlimited websites attached to the plan and unlimited bandwidth, gives you up to 500 email address and 25 MySQL databases, and tops it off with extra advertising credits for Google, Facebook and other popular online ad services.
- Website Builder: Gives you an easy-to-use design wizard to create a website in minutes on your own without any outside assistance, built around drag-and-drop elements with over 300 templates and 8,700 images, letting you choose from designs catering to different industries as well as easy integration with social networking websites and widgets (like Yelp, eBay, etc.) and you’ll receive free (limited) hosting.
- Servers. Under a normal GoDaddy hosting plan your website(s) will be stored on servers that host a lot of other websites as well. This is fine for relatively low volume websites but it can cause problems when you gain a large, active base of visitors- problems including access issues, slowdown and the like. When your website grows big enough, or when you want the most reliable and high quality experience for your visitors, you can rent your own dedicated servers from GoDaddy, which come with plenty of additional features in additional to higher quality service.
- Domains. Much simpler and more intuitive to understand than hosting options, a domain is nothing more than the name attached to your website- the name sitting in between the “www.” and the “.com” You can search for, find and purchase domain names through GoDaddy, and once you’ve bought your domain name you can attach to a hosting account (such as a GoDaddy hosting account.) You can also transfer domains you purchased through another service to GoDaddy if you’d like.
- Web Tools. A huge listing of tools and services offered by GoDaddy to help optimize your website, including Search Engine Optimization (improving your site’s rankings in the search engines), Email & Social Media Marketing, Pay-Per-Click Advertising (services like Google AdWords and Facebook), Online Store building, Web-Based Email, Fax Thru Email, Online Storage, Online Calendar, SSL Certificates, Website Protection Site Scanner, Code Signing Certificates and a Premium DNS Manager (increases safety and reliability).
Overall, GoDaddy really does offer a true one-stop shop for all your web needs.
Bottom Line- Should I Buy From GoDaddy?
Even if GoDaddy didn’t levy occasionally annoying sales pitches at its customers it still wouldn’t be the absolute best web hosting company out there. If you pick through the competition you can find other companies that sell the same, or superior, products and services as GoDaddy but for lower prices and with better guarantees and aftercare.
But GoDaddy doesn’t succeed because it’s objectively the “best” hosting and web services company out there. GoDaddy succeeds because it makes everything easy. GoDaddy makes it easy to find and buy a domain name. GoDaddy makes it easy to purchase the hosting you need. GoDaddy makes it easy to design and post that website. GoDaddy caters to the average person, and the average person wants their web services to be convenient, stress-free and oriented towards the average individual. Overall, that’s exactly what GoDaddy has to offer its customers.
Which means, yes, unless you’re looking for the best of the best or the cheapest of the cheap (and you’re willing to dig to find it) you should absolutely buy from GoDaddy. We also recommend following them on Twitter to say clued in with the latest promo codes in 2014, this is definitely a hot spot to watch out for if the codes aren’t already posted here.